Saturday, February 19, 2011

domestic goddess

Last night I made my own laundry detergent. It was fun and really easy. I don't know how great it is yet as I have to use up my last lot of bought stuff first.

This is the recipe:
Laundry detergent


½ bar Sunlight soap, grated
1.5 litres of water
½ cup washing soda
50 g borax
1 litre hot water

1. Place soap in a saucepan with the first quantity of water and heat on low until soap is dissolved.
2. Stir in washing soda and borax. Stir for a few minutes until thickened and remove from heat.
3. Add 1 litre of hot water to a bucket.
4. Add soap mixture and mix well.
5. Fill bucket with another 5 litres of hot water and mix well.
6. Pour into old milk bottles or other containers and set aside for 24 hours or until mixture thickens. Use ½ cup of mixture per load. It is easy to squeeze from the bottles as it is quite gluggy.
7.  Add a drop or two of eucalyptus oil to each bottle

I felt like a domestic goddess after making this....

......

until I flooded the kitchen about 5 minutes later.

No comments:

Post a Comment