Sunday, December 11, 2011

onwards and upwards

We are currently enjoying a really awesome stage of development with Mikko. He is more compliant and using a few new words and has generally been easier to take out places. I won't go as far as to use the phrase 'leaps and bounds' as it's more of a shuffle with a little pace to it but it is truly great and I am hoping it sticks around for a while. The other day he was shrieking about something (it's a happy shriek which he likes to use while watching TV) and I shushed him as Kasper was napping and he turns to me and says "sorry"  :)   :)   :)  This might not sound much to some but man it is so exciting in this house! Then tonight I was calling him in from outside for dinner and he looked at me and said "NO! Bye bye, bye bye!" complete with an angry wave - very VERY cool!
With a bit of encouragement he is also eating dinner a bit better too. Sometimes I have to hold the food up to his mouth but he has been obliging me and taking bites - as i said, it's a shuffle but it's awesome.

Mikko also had his Preschool Christmas party this week and the local petting zoo/miniature railway. He was great there too. Kasper on the other hand had me running ragged but it was lots of fun.








No comments:

Post a Comment