Sunday, March 27, 2011

the zoo at night....

..... is a lot of fun but most of the animals are sleeping hahaha!
Last Thursday evening we went to the Auckland Zoo thanks to Radio Network and it was so much fun. It would seem that a lot of the animals hit the sack early but we did get to see the hippos, giraffes, zebras and otters. The big hit for our boys was dinner in the old Elephant house and Mr Whippy (we broke the no-dairy rule for Mikko - couldn't resist when he demaned "I cweeeeem").












Kasper was there too but no photos of him as he was strapped to my back all evening. Here he is though looking pleased as can be that he put his sunnies on all by himself


can you tell?




This week's mission for me is pointing. Something that typical kids pick up at a very early age but something we very rarely see Mikko do. So this week I am going to try and do a lot of pointing and see if I can get Mikko to join in.
Last week everytime Mikko tried to drag/push me somewhere I stopped and said "Come" and he is really catching on that that is what he should say. I am so proud of his progress in communication lately. Now if I could just decrease the tantrums!!!

Here is the little guy all tuckered out after a big day.



...and just while I was typing up this post, who should stumble in and ask for some milk....







No comments:

Post a Comment